By now, you’ve probably seen on Netflix some documentaries and shows that talk show first-hand how much technology dominates our lives. From the moment we wake up until we fall asleep, we are filled with information from all directions.
We need these important tools to be productive and communicate with people all over the world. The challenge is the fine line between too much and not enough. Do you when to stop?
Here are some valuable tips on how to increase your mental energy:
- Set a specific time of the day when you will read your e-mails and respect those hours, do not go beyond that to have some peace of mind.
- Do not look at your social media notifications or read emails immediately after waking up, instead, make breakfast or chat with someone you live with; do not look at your phone first thing in the morning.
- Discuss your manager’s preferences and set up processes. Also, discuss the protocol after working hours.
- Take breaks during the day and do something to stimulate your creativity like listening to music or coloring.
- When you go on vacation, go on vacation! Disconnect completely from work, do not open your email or worry about the office, at least for a couple of days.
- Dismiss guilt if you can’t reply to every email in one day.
- Remember… you are not a robot.
- When attending a workshop or conference, focus on the speaker. Ignore e-mails, messaging, or listening to voicemail.
- Limit the time you spend at the computer in the evening after work.
These helpful tips on how to increase your mental energy will guide you to overcome or even prevent burnouts. For more tips, information, and help with your corporative/incentive travels, contact us and we’ll be happy to help you.